Once you have requested a shipping kit online, Gazelle will go ahead and send your box right to your door. The Gazelle box is just one of the time- and money-saving benefits Gazelle offers to all our customers. The guide below will show you how to pack and ship your Galaxy smartphone using the Gazelle box or your own box.
Gazelle Phone Box:
- Open the box, and inside you’ll find your Gazelle packing slip and a sticker. The simple instructions are printed right on the inside of the box.
- First, pull up at the tab and unfold the flaps on the right and left to loosen the plastic film.
- Place your phone underneath the plastic and fold down the flaps on the right and left to hold it securely in place.
- If you’re sending a second device or any other accessories, such as a USB cable, place them in the bottom portion of the box. You should also use something like crumpled newspaper just to keep them from moving around. If you’d rather pack the whole thing yourself, you can always remove the inner portion of the box by cutting it along the dotted line (located on the underside of the cardboard resting platform). This will ultimately leave you with one empty, square box.
- When you’re ready to ship it to Gazelle, take your prepaid shipping label and apply it over the old label on the outside. Put the packing slip back inside the box with your device.
- Use the orange sticker we provided to seal the box.
Drop it off at any standard postal mailbox or at a U.S. Post Office center, or leave it with your outgoing mail for pickup.
If you have multiple devices and choose not to use a Gazelle-branded box, follow the steps below to safely pack and ship your Galaxy smartphone to send to Gazelle.
Your Own Packaging:
First, gather the appropriate materials:
- Cardboard shipping box
- Packing materials like bubble wrap and newspaper
- Packing tape
- Gazelle shipping label
Your shipping box should comfortably accommodate your Galaxy S with at least an inch of packing material on all sides. To pack your box, follow these steps:
- Fill half the box with packing material (crumpled newspaper works well).
- Cover your phone in several layers of bubble wrap to protect the screen and casing from impacts.
- Lay the phone in the center of the box and fill the remaining space with crumpled newspaper. The packing material should form a dense buffer between the edge of the box and the edges of the phone.
- Close the box and gently shake it to test your work. Ideally, your Galaxy S will remain completely immobile.
- Tape the top of the box shut and attach your shipping label.
That’s it! Once our inspectors receive your phone and verify that its condition matches your assessment, we’ll send you its Gazelle value in the form of your chosen payment method, and we’ll find your phone a new home!