Gazelle provides a safe, secure and innovative way to recycle old devices. Check out this new infographic, which highlights how we partner with local law enforcement to combat against stolen phones.
Share this Image On Your Site
475 Million estimated idle devices by 2019 (Compass Intelligence, 2015)
Gazelle ecoATM wants those devices.
2.1 Million Estimated # of devices stolen annually (Consumer Reports)
We avoid those devices.
177 Million Estimated # of devices that will be recycled by 2019 (Compass Intelligence, 2015)
Enter Gazelle ecoATM
We provide a safe, secure, and innovative way to recycle used devices.
- There are more than 2,000 Gazelle ecoATM recycling kiosks in the U.S.
- Kiosks are in 42 of states.
We help cops catch bad guys.
- Law enforcement has solved numerous crime sprees with the help of Gazelle ecoATM.
- Listening to our law enforcement partners, ecoATM has deployed multiple layers of technology and processes to screen for and block stolen devices.
Layers of Defense
Greeting sellers at our kiosks are 3 high-resolution cameras. Sellers must deactivate the device’s kill switch. All customers are told we work closely with law enforcement.
All transactions monitored in real time by ID verification agents. Analytics & algorithms block suspicious transactions. Engage in fraudulent or criminal activity at our kiosks, and you’re banned for life.
Assuretec reader indicates if an ID is counterfeit or altered. Checkmend can tell us if a device is lost or stolen. We create or comply with “do not buy” lists.
A transaction report —including a head shot of the customer, a thumbprint scan, a copy of a photo ID, and a pic of the device and its serial number—is created for every user. If police want to view the report or a suspicious device, we comply, no questions asked.
Moving in the Right Direction
- Less than 1% of devices that are recycled at our kiosks are stolen.
- There has been a 33% decline in cell phone theft from 2013 to 2014 (Consumer Reports)
Efforts by elected officials, law enforcement, and Gazelle ecoATM are working!