We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information about you when you: (a) transact with us (e.g., sell, donate, ship, or purchase a device or offer to do any of the foregoing), (b) register to open an account with Gazelle, (c) sign up for special offers; (d) contact us for help or customer support; (e) complete a survey; (f) post content or provide us with feedback; or (g) enter promotions or sweepstakes. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, address, email address, zip code, payment information, demographic information, and education information. If you enter a contest or sweepstakes, we may collect your social security number. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically or if you decide to purchase and ship products to someone else. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Providing certain information is purely optional on your part; however, not all features and services (such as selling, donating or purchasing a device or communicating with us) would be available to you if you elect not to provide any information.
We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services. For example, we may collect:
• Transactional Data: When you sell, donate, ship, purchase, or otherwise transact using the Services, we collect information about the transaction including device specifications, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
• Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
• Log and Usage Information: We automatically receive and collect information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you next go to, browser type, browser language, date and time of your query, Gazelle cookie information, and the pages you request.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below. Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to credit bureaus and publicly available sources.
Information We Derive. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
We may also use "pixel tags," which are small graphic files that can collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that retrieved the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie previously placed by that server on your computer. We may use pixel tags, either provided by us or by our third party advertisers and ad networks, to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with our sites and Services and use them in combination with our cookies to provide offers and information of interest to you.
We also may allow certain analytic services and providers of applications used on the Services (e.g. sharing buttons) to collect information by placing cookies on the Services that will track certain performance of our Services, such as, web traffic, click-throughs, etc., in order to assist us and our service providers in better understanding the interests of our users and to better serve those interests.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Gazelle does not share personal information about you with other people or third parties except when we have your permission or at your instruction, or under the following circumstances:
• To vendors, service providers, and consultants who work on behalf of Gazelle and perform services for us, including web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, assisting with promotions, and providing technical services;
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
• If we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
• Personal information is shared between and among Gazelle and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and In connection with or during negotiations concerning any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition by another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by third parties to identify you.
The sites displayed as search results or linked to by the Services are developed by people over whom Gazelle exercises no control. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information. We may present links in a format that enables us to understand whether they have been followed. We use this information to understand and improve the quality of Gazelle's search technology.
Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information: Registered users can edit their Gazelle account information, including contact preferences, at any time from their "My Account" account management page which you can find at www.gazelle.com/account/login. You can delete your Gazelle registered account by requesting an account deletion via email to email@example.com. You must provide us with the email address of the registered account. After we have confirmed your request via email, we will delete your account.
Gazelle is headquartered in the in the United States and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Gazelle is intended for general audiences. Gazelle does not knowingly collect or maintain information from users under 13, and no part of the Services are targeted to attract anyone under 13.
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq. (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name and contact information, IP address, and government-issued identification number), commercial information (such as time, date and location of a transaction), internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior), demographic information (such as data gathered from credit bureaus or from your survey responses), education information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as customer support calls), and inferences we make (such as your approximate location based on IP address). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see “Personal Information Collection ” above.
We collect the categories of personal information listed above for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Personal Information.” We share the following categories of information for business purposes with the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
• commercial information
• internet or other electronic network activity information
• demographic information
• education information
• audio, electronic, visual or similar information
Categories of Recipients
Our vendors such as shipping and delivery services providers, payment processors, internet services providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms; advertising networks; government entities or law enforcement or service providers acting on their behalf; and social networks.
Your Consumer Rights: Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. California consumers may make a rights request by calling 1-800-429-3553 or visiting this (https://www.gazelle.com/help/send_ticket). We will verify your request by asking you to provide identifying information and information related to your recent interactions with us. If you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We do not currently sell your covered information as those terms are defined under applicable Nevada law. You may still submit an opt-out request and we will honor that request as required by Nevada law if we were to engage in such a sale in the future. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to opt-out of the sale of your covered information, please submit your request by calling 1-800-429-3553 or visiting this (https://www.gazelle.com/help/send_ticket). You may also be required to take reasonable steps as we determine from time to time in order to verify your identity and/or the authenticity of the request.
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: October 20, 2021