iPad Seller's Guide
How to Remove Your iPad's SIM Card
Learn how to remove your iPad's SIM card
When you re ready to sell your iPad to Gazelle, it's time to focus on removing the SIM card from your AT&T 3G iPad or cancelling service to your Verizon iPad, wiping your personal data, and restoring your iPad software. Note, these steps are only required if your iPad is a 3G model.
Deactivate your iPad 3G AT&T Service (GSM/AT&T Model)
- Tap Settings > Cellular Data > View Account
- Enter your account email address and password and tap Next
- Select Add Data or Change Plan
- Select Cancel Plan
- The following options appear:
- Cancel Plan and Delete Account Now: Select this option if you want to remove this device from the account now.
- Cancel Plan and Delete Account Later: Select this option if you want to discontinue the monthly service for the next month only; your account information will remain with AT&T.
- You will receive a confirmation that the plan was canceled successfully. To finish resetting the account, proceed to the next step
- Tap Settings > General > Reset: Subscriber Services
- Tap reset account
- Your iPad will prompt you to confirm the account reset. Tap Reset to complete deactivation